Kellogg Assistant Nutrition Labeling Scientist in BATTLE CREEK, Michigan
Grow with us as Assistant Scientist, Nutrition Labeling, at our state-of-the-art global research facility. Leverage your education and professional skills to help bring exciting new products to market. Engage with us to develop legally compliant Nutrition Facts side panel information and nutrition claims to support and enhance Kellogg U.S. business objectives. Share our values and become part of our collaborative culture at Kellogg.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as an Assistant Scientist, Nutrition Labeling at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
• Developing nutrition labeling information for US products in compliance with government regulations and company guidelines
• Working as a key member of cross-functional product innovation teams
• Reviewing ingredient nutrition information to ensure accurate entry into corporate information systems
• Collecting, verifying, and validating data related to all aspects of nutrition labeling, including recipe nutrient analyses, kosher status, net weight information, ingredient and product claims
• Informing teams regarding the impact regulations may have on product development and claims
• Providing technical support to international colleagues, including import/export functions
• Providing nutrition information to Consumer Affairs and Corporate Communications upon request
• Working on special projects related to Marketing and Sales inquiries and initiatives
• Reviewing and approving nutrition information printed on packaging and used in advertising, including websites and social media
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Nutrition Labeling, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor of Science in Food Science, Nutrition, Dietetics or related field or relevant experience
• Demonstrated strengths in oral, written and interpersonal communication
• Proficient skills with standard MS Office products
• Familiarity with applicable government regulations (FDA, USDA, FTC) and basic food labeling requirements
• Experience with food manufacturing, product development, quality control, and/or ingredient specifications
• Knowledge of databases
• Spanish language skills
• SAP or statistical software experience
• Attention to detail in writing and communicating
• Social media savvy
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf for English or this Link at http://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterSpanish.pdf for Spanish.
Title: Assistant Nutrition Labeling Scientist
Location: USA-MI-Battle Creek - Corporate Headquarters
Requisition ID: RES000683
Job Function: Research and Development
Job Type: Professional
Closing Date: Jun 11, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Relocation Assistance: No