Kellogg Finance Manager - Corporate Controllers Group in BATTLE CREEK, Michigan
Grow with us by playing a key role in managing the global consolidation of financial results and delivering external reporting requirements. You will provide value by evaluating and implementing global solutions for new internal/external accounting and reporting requirements and ensuring that key controls are maintained to ensure accurate financial results are reported by the Company. Lead with us through responsibility for developing and implementing global solutions for complex accounting topics while reporting to the Assistant Corporate Controller.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Finance Manager in the Corporate Controllers Group at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
• Managing the internal and external consolidated financial reporting process, including the monthly BPC Consolidation close and quarterly/annual delivery of SEC reporting requirements.
• Meeting critical internal and SEC reporting deadlines
• Ensuring that global financial consolidation concepts are effectively implemented and maintained with specific focus on balance sheet and cash flow accountabilities.
• Preparing quarterly/annual SEC reporting requirements in support of 10Q/10K filings, quarterly earnings releases and other filing requirements.
• Preparing and presenting complex accounting modeling to ensure transactions such as acquisitions, dispositions, and other significant accounting events are properly accounted for on a global basis. Includes presentation of accounting requirements to senior leaders in the organization.
• Working directly with 4 regional Area finance teams to ensure proper controls are implemented that result in accurate financial results being reported by the Company, including consultations with Area teams on new or complex areas of accounting.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Finance, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Finance/Business related field
• Significant (4+ years) related work experience
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting
• Knowledge and understanding of highly complex accounting situations
• Strong research skills to assist in implementation of complex accounting topics
• Ability to provide guidance and implementation steps for accounting related to complex business transactions
• The ability to work in conditions where there are multiple and changing priorities, specific time constraints, and extended work hours
• Strong communication and time management skills to handle multiple requests and deadlines effectively
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and proficient knowledge of BPC Consolidations, Workiva, and other financial systems
• Advanced analytical, problem solving, decision making, and communication skills and a detail orientation
• Strong leadership skills
• Big 4 or other large firm auditing experience
• Master’s Degree in Finance/Business related field, significant years of related work experience and CPA/CMA Certification
• SAP experience
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
There is occasional travel required in this position.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf for English or this Link at http://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterSpanish.pdf for Spanish.
Title: Finance Manager - Corporate Controllers Group
Location: USA-MI-Battle Creek - Corporate Headquarters
Requisition ID: FIN002202
Job Function: Finance & Accounting
Job Type: Professional
Closing Date: May 19, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Relocation Assistance: Yes