Kellogg Mechanical Technician in BLUE ANCHOR, New Jersey
Grow with us as a Mechanical Technician in one of our state-of-the-art facilities!
Working as a fundamental member of the manufacturing organization, you will be a key partner to Operations, Quality Food Safety and Environmental Health and Safety personnel. We are looking for a passionate team player who loves solving problems and is eager to help shape a strong future for our company and their career.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
• Expert in troubleshooting and repair of industrial production equipment in regards to mechanical systems, pneumatics, drives and hydraulics.
• Familiar with and capable of basic troubleshooting all electrical safety systems, troubleshoot relay logic, capable of replacing all electrical components of an industrial piece of equipment and program VFD's and single loop controllers.
• Read electrical schematics and P&ID drawings.
• Conduct Predictive Maintenance tasks such as ultrasonic testing of drive systems, compressed air leak detection, IR surveys etc.
• Perform general repair and maintenance including painting maintenance, wall patch and paint, tile repairs, replacing ceiling tiles, minor electrical maintenance including light fixture/bulb replacement, diagnostics and minor repairs as directed by the Maintenance Planner or work order requested.
• Perform all maintenance in a safe manner in conformance with People Safety, Food Safety, maintenance trade practices and OSHA Standards.
• Participates constructively and willingly as a team player, demonstrates commitment to the Blue Anchor team in helping it to achieve its goals, shares knowledge and expertise.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Manufacturing, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
High School Diploma or GED
Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office the ability to use the system appropriate to record work orders and PMs
Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Sitting, standing, walking, lifting and / or repetitive tasks throughout the day. Employee will be required to occasionally lift up to 50lbs
Previous experience working in a food manufacturing plant or Journeyman’s License
Previous welding experience
Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf for English or this Link at http://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterSpanish.pdf for Spanish
Title: Mechanical Technician
Location: USA-NJ-Blue Anchor
Requisition ID: MAN004318
Job Function: Manufacturing and Distribution
Job Type: Hourly Paid
Closing Date: Jul 14, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Relocation Assistance: No