Kellogg Director, Category Management and Business Insights in ELMHURST, Illinois
Grow with us as a Director, Category Management and Business Insights. Lead with us by overseeing a team responsible for Category Management, Business Insights and Market Research initiatives for Kellogg Specialty Channel (KSC) customers, ensuring delivery of insights-driven strategies for both distributors and operators utilizing leading category management principles. And together we’ll shape a stronger future for our company and your career.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Director, Category Management and Business Insights at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
• Leading category management initiatives for KSC customers, ensuring delivery of insights-driven strategies for both distributors and operators in compliance with leading Category Management principles
• Accessing and integrating relevant internal and external data (including Nielsen / IRI Data / NPD Supply Track and Decision Key), resources and processes to drive KSC’s strategies
• Ensuring team effectively analyzes sales and financial data to understand category results and incorporates this data into plans and actionable strategies for the KSC customer base in-order to increase Kellogg’s category leadership within the industry
• Communicating field based Category Management implications and needs to Commercial Marketing, Innovation, Market Research and Sales
• Guiding Market Research initiatives related to the achievement of Sales and Marketing objectives
• Uncovering key category opportunities which impact Kellogg brands and develops solutions based selling tools and presentations
• Deploying Kellogg’s category customer strategies to field based Category Management through articulation and customization of key Marketing and Innovation strategies
• Ensuring talent pipeline is in place for all roles on team
• Facilitating best practice sharing and rewards behavior that drives positive results
• Creating a team culture that is based on K Values, and makes the workplace a safe, productive, fun place to work
• Defining team roles and work with other functional leaders to ensure alignment and efficient utilization of all Kellogg resources
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Sales, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
• BA/BS Degree
• Extensive experience in Category Management, Shopper Insights and/or Business Analytics
• Experience managing a diverse team of functional experts
• Extensive experience communicating complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge levels, both in written and verbal form
• Ability to draw conclusions, address key opportunities, and understand and apply market research tools to create selling stories
• Experience negotiating and influencing, through communications, large groups or high-level leaders of an organization
• Experience in managing vendor/customer relationships
• Proficiency working in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience working with Nielsen/IRI and NPD Supply Track
• Ability to work in conditions which include multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Travel is approximately 10- 20%
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf for English or this Link at http://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterSpanish.pdf for Spanish.
Title: Director, Category Management and Business Insights
Requisition ID: SAL007711
Job Function: Sales and Category Management
Job Type: Professional
Closing Date: Ongoing
Relocation Assistance: Yes