Kellogg Director, Sales Strategy & Trade Planning in ELMHURST, Illinois
Grow with us as a Director, Sales Strategy and Trade Planning. Lead with us by overseeing a team responsible for developing and directing the execution of channel and trade investment strategies in-order to drive Kellogg Specialty Channels (KSC) sales and profit objectives. And together we’ll shape a stronger future for our company and your career.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Director, Sales Strategy & Trade Planning at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
• Leading the development of the annual sales and trade investment strategies in accordance with company objectives and industry best practices
• Leveraging Revenue Growth Management (RGM) principles in leading all aspects of a multi-million dollar trade budget, including promotional strategies, trade deployment and reconciliation across a fragmented, complex national customer base
• Leading the development and communication of the annual sales execution plan, and the process and development of annual customer business plans, including quarterly updates
• Managing the communication of the quarterly execution plans and key initiatives
• Ensuring, in concert with the Category Management and Business Insights team (CMBI), effective analysis of financial, and sales data to incorporate into plans and actionable strategies and tactics that drive topline and profit growth for KSC
• Working closely with senior leadership, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and other functional leaders to ensure alignment and efficient utilization of all Kellogg resources
• Leading the tracking, measurement and reporting of key sales and trade performance indicators, deployment priorities, and commercial activities
• Leading the development and communication of all indirect sales reporting and 3rd party data management vendors
• Serving as an advocate for sales to the broader organization to facilitate optimum support, resourcing, and execution
• Leading the development and updates to the CRM tool in conjunction with team
• Overseeing the execution of work plans, and monitors performance against aligned objectives to effectively pull-through solutions
• Facilitating best practice sharing and rewards behavior that drives positive customer results
• Ensuring training and talent pipeline is in place for all roles on team
• Creating a team culture that is based on K Values, and makes the workplace a safe, productive, fun place to work
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Sales, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
• BA/BS Degree
• Significant experience in Convenience, Alternative Retail, Vending, or Retail Grocery sales
• Experience managing a diverse team
• Demonstrated analytical ability and strategic plan development that has resulted in significant positive business impact
• Experience communicating complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge levels, both in written and verbal form
• Ability to draw conclusions, address key opportunities, with a bias for action
• Experience negotiating and influencing, through communications, large groups or high-level leaders of an organization
• Experience in managing vendor/customer relationships
• Proficiency working in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience working with Nielsen/IRI
• Ability to work in conditions which include multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Travel is approximately 20- 30%
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf for English or this Link at http://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterSpanish.pdf for Spanish.
Title: Director, Sales Strategy & Trade Planning
Requisition ID: SAL007693
Job Function: Sales and Category Management
Job Type: Professional
Closing Date: Ongoing
Relocation Assistance: Yes