Kellogg Business Unit Lead in WREXHAM, United States
At Kellogg's we have a vision of enriching and delighting the world through foods and brands that matter; with the purpose of nourishing families so that they can flourish and thrive.
Our Vision and Purpose are at the heart of everything we do. Simple yet powerful, they define why we're here and where we're going - made possible by the extraordinary talent of everyone who works here. People like you. Our heritage, through the inspiration of W.K. Kellogg, continues to drive our company and keeps us committed to creating a stronger future every day, by putting people first in everything we do.
Operating in more than 180 countries, across 6 continents, with dedication and passion from each and every one of our 30,000 employees, we are extremely proud of our ever growing portfolio of over 1,600 food products, which include iconic brands such as Pringles, Frosties, Special K and Corn Flakes.
These are exciting times for our Wrexham Cereal Plant where we produce a range of our iconic brands such as Cornflakes, Special K, Branflakes, Coco Pop bars, Just Right and Krave. We know the strength of our success is a result of the fantastic people who work for us, we are proud of our employees and our great reputation as an employer. We are looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals to join our Production team who have energy, determination and are happy to take accountability for what they do. Please apply if you share our passion for success and want to make a difference. It’s an exciting time to join us.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
• Set and expect excellence of yourself and others in your team at all times
• Environment, Health & Safety – 100% personal team safety - Outputs (TRI, Injuries, Near Miss, S7, Safety defect handling)
• Quality & Food Safety results give the right to produce - QFS incident management - (MSS 100% adherence, 100% compliance in process checks and RCA, 100% Completion of CCP/OPRP, 100% completion and accountability of EOR Documentation, Holds)
• People – Total Employee involvement – (Shift based attendance management, EDR for AL’s, 100% Compliance training completion, 100% compliance to standards e.g., performance management and GMP adherence)
• Develops medium term plans to progress the business unit in all elements of the plant wheel and Plant OGSM
• Represents the plant in the broader European Supply Chain on Innovation, Renovation, KIMM and DTV initiatives that impact his/ her Business Unit
• Supports and provides resource for the Wrexham KWS journey and aligns with KWS leads
• Provides insights to the short to mid term Wrexham production planning process
• Operates across the functions to develop skills within the Business Unit and ensure no interruptions to production
• Works closely with the functional leads to prepare and support third party visits, audits and accreditation
• Customer Service - Schedule adherence (Line Throughput targets, Sku level schedule adherence)
• Deliver Production KPI’s – (100% throughput of bottleneck - Cook rate, Packing rate, Batch Size, CIL, OEE)
• Budget Control and Cost Improvement – (Material losses, minimise stops, minimise rework/double handling ) Owns and Leads Root Cause Analysis and escalation within the Business Unit
• Process confirms key operational work processes are being followed. Including, LSW, CIL, CTRL, 5S,
• Leads the Daily Direction Setting at Business Unit Level.
• Build capability and succession plans within the business unit.
• Accountable for all decisions that impact the mid term output metrics.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
• Experienced and Engaging People Lead and Coach (PDCA, 5E’s, Collaborates and communicates cross functionally, able to make tough decisions) .
• Demonstrate an ability to listen effectively whilst also being able to influence others to drive their unit/projects forward.
• Excellent Planning, Organisational and Project Management skills
• Highly numerate, detailed conscious analytical skills with competence in KWS Production Tools: Loss Analysis, OEE, Analysis/Qualification/Definition Process.
• Outstanding knowledge and application of Food Safety, Quality, Health Safety & Environment systems
• Career path (previous experiences: technical role, shift line leader, coordinator, trade union environment…)
• Ability to handle multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities, extended work schedules, specific time constraints and prioritise self and team accordingly. Ability to work with confidential information.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Please note that we will only accept applications that are made to us via our Careers site.
If you experience any difficulty when applying please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that the closing date may be subject to change. We will interview suitable candidates as they apply, so please don’t hesitate to take this opportunity to submit your application as soon as possible.
If you would like to be immediately notified of new Kellogg's opportunities, please go to ‘Create or access my profile’ and complete the information required in the ‘Job Alerts’ section. You will then receive email alerts as soon as new jobs are advertised.
The Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Title: Business Unit Lead
Location: UK-North Wales-Wrexham
Requisition ID: MAN004176
Job Function: Manufacturing and Distribution
Job Type: Professional
Closing Date: Jun 18, 2017, 3:59:00 PM
Relocation Assistance: No