Kellogg Senior Supply Planner in BATTLE CREEK, Michigan
Do you enjoy working with inventory and setting the pace for production schedules? As a Supply Planner at our corporate headquarters in Battle Creek, you will develop production and distribution plans to maintain the optimal divisional and location inventory levels. You’ll also solve for product shortages and collaborate with supply chain partners to drive results – It’s about having an owner’s mindset.
Join us where everything began! This role will be based at the Battle Creek campus’ K2 building, you’ll be interacting with both headquarters and field based stakeholders, including distribution & transportation, manufacturing, demand planning, procurement, sales, and GBS. Your future team value’s hard work, collaboration, and a high energy environment.
HERE’S A TASTE OFWHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
· Digginginto the Details – Responsible for developing short terms and long term production schedules across assigned Kellogg facilities and co-mans/co-packs. Managing production and inventory to balance capacity constraints and resolving critical product shortage issues. Communicating exceptions to production plans and reviewing remediation plans with key individuals.
· Supply Chain Expertise – Developing inventory and deployment plans, including relevant contingency plans. Maintaining planning system parameters, for example: location of safety stock, economic production quantities, minimum run quantities, transit times, process capacity, packing capacity, shipping constraints, inventory constraints.
· Reporting and Presenting - Perform reporting on products which have excessive finished good inventory levels and monitoring the age of product to minimize write-offs and institute steps to remedy problems. Performing capacity analyses. Conducting presentations to teams, departments, customers, and/or sales teams. Providing timely updates and analysis to Supply Chain partners to identify scenario planning opportunities. Communicating fully with supervisors and others who have a need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive.
YOUR RECIPE FORSUCCESS
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related field (IT, Finance, Supply Chain, Statistics) OR High School diploma and consistently demonstrated related
· High proficiency working with SAP or similar database application technology
· Excellent proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Access or similar software
· Detailed understanding of the objectives of the advanced forecasting and planning functions
· Understanding of the supply/demand planning business drivers, organization structures and key metrics
· Strong presentation and influencing skills necessary for communication with Company leadership regarding business.
· Very strong communication skills are essential, and expertise in Microsoft Excel and data manipulation are also critical.
· Bachelor's Degree and substantial related work experience.
· APICS Certification
· Experience working with Planning software, Manugistics, SAP/SNP or similar tools
It’s best to apply today, because job postings can be taken down and we wouldn’t want you to miss this opportunity. To learn more about what’s next, click on one of the links below:
· Kellogg K-Values at http://www.kelloggcareers.com/global/company-and-values.html
· New Hire Benefits Guide at http://www.kelloggbenefitsguide.com/
· Kellogg Stories and News at http://newsroom.kelloggcompany.com/
THE FINER PRINT
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-VerifyParticipationPoster_ES.pdf .
GROW With Us.
Title: Senior Supply Planner
Location: USA-MI-Battle Creek - Corporate Headquarters
Requisition ID: LOG003500
Job Function: Logistics and Supply Chain
Job Type: Professional
Closing Date: Dec 5, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Relocation Assistance: No